Sunday, May 22, 2011

One step at a…one step at a….one step at a time.

So, the title comes from a song I sang in elementary school, for some play or something. I can’t really remember much other than that one line. Must have blocked it out. In any case, it’s been a few, of course. But, I’m not going to beat myself up about it. Because today is a new day and tomorrow will be even fresher. So, moving on…

I’ve decided, and through much frustration, I can’t change everything in a matter of days. I want to be a “full time working but also can at least keep the house clean” type of gal. Impossible? Yeah, I think so too. But I wanted to at least do the most I can and feel like at the end of the day I did a little of both in those two worlds. As I tried to dive right in, I usually found my self doing the tug of war with just me and my onsey. Which just ends up with me lying in bed absolutely loathing myself for not getting up and doing something. I am lazy. I realize that and want to change it. I know, I know, I’ve heard it before “But you work full time and you need to relax”. But, I can’t relax when there are things to be done, dishes to be cleaned, showers that are getting the orange mold that I’ve only seen here in Arizona, carpet so embedded with kitty litter that I feel I’m walking around at the beach, cat hair that has now turned our love sac into a massive fur ball, a fridge filled with week old meals and now has a funny smell when opened, and so on and so forth. I’ve got work out a balance. A one step at a time deal, if you will.

So, this week’s goal is to make a chores list. There are some things that need to be done daily, obviously, and then there are some things that need to be done once a week, and then there are those that can be done every other week or so. I’ll give myself till Tuesday night to figure out the list and then Wednesday to post it. That way, I have to get it done? Right? RIGHT?!

Right.

1 comment:

the.kim.peterson said...

On another note... I think you're doing a good job of sticking to one post per year.